As a preview of Baselworld 2017 novelties, Omega introduced the new Speedmaster Racing Master Chronometer, a classic variation of the Speedmaster with a distinctive minute-track style which first showed up on a 1968 Speedmaster model.
The new model is characterized by a matt-dark dial with orange markings and inclined white gold arrowhead indexes that are filled with white Super-LumiNova.
The subdials have also been slightly extended for improved readability and the 44.25 mm stainless steel case is thinner than previous versions on account of the work done on the sapphire precious stone in particular.
The polished ceramic bezel includes a brushed Liquidmetal tachymeter scale just as distinctive orange wording that coordinates the color of the varnished hands and tip of the seconds hand.
The robust dark cowhide tie contains a section of orange elastic through the middle. A milling tool has then been utilized to make micro perforations through the constructed lash that uncover the orange elastic inside. This perforated design provides the ideal sporty look and furthermore has the benefit of aerating the wearer’s skin.
The Speedmaster Racing Master Chronometer is powered by the Caliber 9900, a self-winding chronograph movement with column wheel mechanism and Co-Axial escapement. The 2 barrels mounted in series ensures 60 hours of power save.
The Master Chronometer certification ensures that the watch and its movement have been tried at the industry’s highest level, passing every one of the 8 tests set by the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS):
1. Normal daily precision of the watch over 4 days and, in actuality, wearing conditions.
2. Function of cosc-approved movement during exposure to 15,000 gauss magnetic field.
3. Function of the entire watch during exposure to 15,000 gauss magnetic field.
4. Deviation of daily precision after exposure to 15,000 gauss magnetic field.
5. Water resistance.
6. Power hold.
7. Deviation of rate somewhere in the range of 100% and 33% of power hold.
8. Deviation of rate in six positions.
More Speedmaster novelties will be unveiled at Baselworld 2017 as the iconic watch praises its 60th anniversary this year. omegawatches.com
– Read the history of the Omega Speedmaster